Tuesday, December 22, 2009

thoughts of true Cyn style

shared by Cindy Tse Aknin, her childhood friend


I think about Cyn often and I miss her a lot. Luckily she visits me in my dreams on a regular basis - probably her way of saying “Hey cid what's up! I'm fine and just checking in with you!" - so I feel like she's always close by. I can still see her black silky smooth hair tucked behind her ear. She might even have a braid or two delicately hanging from the nape of her neck, resting alongside a turtle necklace. Whatever it is, it's all in true Cyn style. 


If she were here today, we'd probably make a date to watch Avatar - this is of course, if she wasn't too busy with her non-profit job which I imagine involving kids or people in need. To celebrate the big 30, she'd probably prefer a get together (as opposed to a partay) and gather all her friends and family to hang out and play board games or something else low key. 


One of my favorite memories of our childhood was from one of her birthday slumber parties when a group of us watched Three Men and a Baby and got completely freaked out by the alleged 'ghost boy' in the background. Why we kept rewinding and watching it over and over? Who knows, but it was fun and we had a great time! That was all that mattered.


happy bday cyn, 6417, I miss you and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment