Tuesday, December 22, 2009

thoughts of the giving, smiling warrior

shared by Roger “Boy Wonder” Lum, her friend from college

It’s crazy but I honestly think about Snoopy all the time. Her memory comes up randomly and makes me sad because her life had to end so abruptly. As I get older and I pass new chapters in my life, I think about her and it makes me feel down that “Snoopy isn’t going to get to experience this”.  Then I think to myself, Snoopy would hate for me to think that way. She would never want someone to feel bad because of her.  She was that giving.

 I did camp with her for 4 years and 2 of those years we were co’s (the closest of close).  The thing that sticks out in my mind about Snoopy is she was the perfect mix of toughness (she was a warrior), compassion (she was a giver), and happiness (she was a smiler). I try to live my life the way I viewed how she lived hers. Life is precious but often we don’t realize it. Snoopy gave me the gift of realizing how precious life really is. Some things in life we never forget and I know her spirit is one of them for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment