Tuesday, December 22, 2009

thoughts of inspiring you to reach for your dreams

shared by Jonah Lalas, her friend from college


This is from my journal on April 5, 2003: 


"I miss you Cindy. I miss your smile, I miss your giggle, I miss your advice. You were always pushing me, my abilities to the limit, helping me to discover courage and leadership I never knew I had. You truly believed in me. You're gone now, but I will never stop believing in you. You will always have a special place in my heart. For you, I will continue to push myself. For you I will become a leader in the union movement and win. For you, I will go on to higher education and gather up tools I need to create change. For you, I will go on to move up and make this movement even stronger. Thank you Cindy for sharing your strength. Thank you for inspiring me. Thank you for never refusing to believe in me. Thank you for sharing with me your love. You will live on forever in my heart, in my memories, in my dreams."


I wrote that over 6 years ago but my feelings remain the same. There are so many good people in this world who you meet, but I can only point to a few who I can say really influenced and shaped who I am. I have always been hesitant with my leadership, but Cindy pushed me and made me believe in myself. I spent 6 years with the union, became a leader and accomplished things I never thought I could. I am now in law school finishing my first semester at Berkeley. Even now, she still continues to inspire me to reach for my dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment