Friday, December 24, 2010

thoughts of study groups and soul sharing

shared by Cheryl Singzon Coson, her friend from college


Not a day goes by where I don’t think about Cindy. I think about what impact she made in my life, and how happy it makes me to remember her. She was a big part of my college life – she helped me as a student and as a person, and I am so blessed to have known her. She honestly saw the good in everybody and had the gift to bring out the best in everyone.


We were English majors together, so we often had study groups together, and she was always motivated to set them up and get a lot of work done. I remember we took one English class together, and I did so badly on a midterm that I was ready to drop it. I remember talking to Cindy about wanting to give up, but she pushed me to believe in myself and to keep going. I ended up doing so with her support and passed.


In 2001, we spent 6 weeks in Europe together. As amazing as Europe was, with us studying Shakespeare, climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower, biking in the mountains of Austria, riding a gondola in Venice, catching a glimpse of the Pope at the Vatican...we would also spend hours at parks sharing our souls to each other. I cherish all that one-on-one time we had together. I was struggling to know who I was and I knew how lucky I was to have her by my side. I admit at times, her honesty made me defensive, but I knew what a blessing it was to have a friend who loved me so much. Even when I go through hard times today, I remember things she told me to give me strength.


I love you Cyn! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment