Sunday, January 2, 2011

thoughts of a one-of-a-kind wedding gift

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Another special item that comes to mind when I think of gifts from Cyn is one she made for me and Andrew for our wedding day; she made the pillow that was carried by our ring and coin bearer. She had the idea to decorate the pillow by embroidering the caricature of me and Andrew that we had used for both our invitations and programs.

I specifically remember that we talked to her about not wanting her to go to too much trouble, that sewing on the image would not be necessary to do. But she insisted, saying it was something that she wanted to do, that it would be fun, and basically "no problem". As usual, as with all her innovative and unique arts and crafts projects, the pillow turned out beautifully.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know she made that! She's really amazing.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was a blast - and I do remember the pillow she made for you.

    I was honored to be a part of such a memorable occasion...

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete