Wednesday, December 22, 2010

thoughts of fuzzy pants and being cute

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister


When I think of gifts that I’ve received from Cyn, a lot of things come to mind. But what I think of most fondly are different clothes that she gave me while I was pregnant with our first daughter, Cynthia Naomi (also known as Cyn Cyn or Li’l Cyn).


She gave me a pair of grey lounge pants from Old Navy, that we affectionally dubbed the fuzzy pants. They weren’t specifically maternity pants, but they were stretchy and comfy. I think she enlisted the advice of her friend Nadia, who was either also pregnant or had recently had a baby, about whether she thought the pants would be a good choice. And of course, they were perfect, and I still wear them today.


For my birthday that year, she also gave me a pair of maternity jeans, and a somewhat fancy, dressy, maternity blouse. It was a white, collared, button-down, dress shirt, with a kind of ruffled detail down the middle, along the line of the buttons. I distinctly remember Cyn saying something to the effect of, “Just ‘cause your pregnant, doesn’t mean you can’t be cute!”

No comments:

Post a Comment