Wednesday, December 22, 2010

thoughts of the best laid plans...

shared be Andrew Beall, her brother-in-law

One of the best gifts Cindy ever gave me was being my accomplice when I planned to ask Marlo to marry me. I spilled the beans to her first, even before anyone from my family. She was eager and excited to help. I remember being nervous to finally tell someone what I was thinking of, and was relieved and overwhelmed when she agreed to participate in my plotting.


We discussed all sorts of places to pop the question, and ultimately decided on UCLA, for many obvious reasons. Every detail of the proposal had been thought through, and we were ready to go on the day we chose. Unfortunately, Marlo did everything possible to make sure our plans didn't work. At least we were positive she had no idea a proposal was coming. If you haven't heard the story, just ask me next time you see me. I'll never forget frantically trying to call Cindy right before the main event was about to go down. Thankfully, it all worked out. =)

I still love all the photos Cindy took as the proposal was happening, and cherish them deeply. Each time I look at them it takes me right back to that moment in time. But more importantly, I was so glad that Cindy was there to be a part of something that meant so much to Marlo and me. It wouldn't have happened without her.

Happy Birthday Cindy!

1 comment:

  1. I still remember Cindy telling me her perspective of this story. I recall how proud she was to be part of this special event!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete