Wednesday, December 22, 2010

thoughts of 13 golden gifts

shared by Inez Albores, her cousin


The time-honored classic 12 days of Christmas recounts how one’s true love presented a gift each day until Christmas arrived... 12 is beautiful – but 13, that’s Golden.


On my 13th birthday, Cindy gave me a large gift box with 13 individually wrapped gifts inside. I don’t remember all that they were – only that each one had a special meaning.


During the Christmas season, gift giving is ever-present in our minds. We go to stores and think, “This would look cute on….” Or “This is on sale, it’s perfect…” so we acquire gifts for our loved ones anticipating their needs and wants. But the gifts I received from Cindy that day were things she knew I loved. Something green because it’s my favorite color, a Hershey’s bar because I love chocolate, a comic card of Wolverine, my favorite mutant, and 10 other tokens of how much she cared and how well she knew me.


To this day, nobody has beaten her gift giving record and the care taken to find the perfect gifts, one for each year of my life… not complaining mind you, just reminiscing - Cindy you’re one of a golden kind.


13 Kisses blown your way and always with love overflowing, W.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment