Saturday, March 2, 2019

thoughts of tying knots

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Cyn Cyn and I were driving home from her practice one day and we were enjoying some snacks in the car. I had just finished eating a granola bar, and she had finished snacking on some apple slices that she had packed in a plastic sandwich bag.

I asked if I could put my wrapper in her now empty bag, and if that could become our "trash" bag. She didn't respond yes or no, but rather just held up the bag, which she had already tied into a little plastic knot.

I think I've written about this before, but Cindy had a habit of tying used wrappers and bags into knots. It didn't have to be just a single serving bag or wrapper, it could also be jumbo or family sized, as well.

Today, I think all of our family members may be "knot tie-ers" when it comes to wrappers and such. Cyn Cyn said she does it all the time, with just about every kind of wrapper-like item. It's a fun, sweet, endearing reminder of Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment