Friday, June 2, 2017

thoughts of a trip to the nail salon

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Tomorrow is Brooke's 8th birthday. As part of her birthday celebration, she had a "nail salon party" today, with her sister, cousins, and friends from school. It was so sweet watching the girls enjoy getting their nails done, and sharing snacks, fun and laughs.

Brooke's party reminded me of the time that my sisters and I all went to get our nails done, just a couple of days before my wedding. Cindy had scheduled all the appointments for us, and it may have been the only time that all of us were at a nail salon together.

Come to think of it, that pre-wedding-sister-salon outing may have been the first time that I had ever had my nails "professionally" done. Getting a manicure will always remind me of Cindy. I know she was smiling down on her nieces today, as they took some time to treat themselves at the salon.


No comments:

Post a Comment