Wednesday, December 2, 2015

thoughts of holiday keys

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

During this time of year, my sisters and I often share several memories of when we were kids and would decorate our house for Christmas. With all her arts and crafts know-how, Cindy would often be in charge of the decorating process, coordinating each of our different holiday assignments.

One year, for whatever reason, we didn't have a Christmas tree. Not having a tree was odd, because we typically re-used the same artificial tree year after year. So rather than settle for not decorating, we decided to have a "Christmas piano", rather than a Christmas tree.

The five of us put our heads together and fashioned decorations to cover our piano. I don't remember the specifics, but I know there were types of garland, maybe red and green chains made of paper, and some form of tinsel.

I have a vague memory of how the piano looked, decked in holiday colors. I also remember the precise feeling of excitement when we all decided, "Hey, let's decorate the piano... as if it were a tree!" I'm glad that my sisters and I could collaborate on projects like this, and that we had Cindy to help lead us in our holiday activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment