Sunday, November 22, 2015

thoughts of a bad hair day

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Today I attended a  hairstyling workshop with a few mom friends, where we learned some braiding and styling techniques. It was a fun event that made me think of Cindy, and reminisce about all the times she would braid and style my and my sisters' hair.

There was one specific time while we were living in LA that Cindy helped rescue me from an especially ill-timed, bad hair day. It was the morning of a good friend's wedding, and all of the bridesmaids had appointments to get our hair done, specifically to be styled in lovely "up-do's" to compliment our dresses.

Unfortunately, my hair style did not turn out as planned. Rather than an elegant, classy twist or bun, my hair resembled a cross between an old-timey leather football helmet and the plastic, snap-on hair for a Lego figure.

As I returned from the salon and opened the door to our apartment, I started calling for Cindy, asking for her to please fix my hair. She took a look, said something like, "Ya, that's not good", and calmly went about un-doing and re-doing my hair, transforming it into something more presentable. Needless to say, it all turned out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment