Wednesday, May 2, 2012

thoughts of babies & kids and heart & souls

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister

My friend Sheryl and her husband Zyrus are getting ready for the baptism of their second daughter, Zendelle, in June. I can hardly believe she is going to be baptized so soon. Then it just dawned on me that she will be turning one in August. Her older sister, Ate Zariyah, will be turning seven this month. I can still remember when I attended Sheryl and Zyrus' baby shower for her so many years ago.

The human miracle of babies and the kids that they grow into makes me think about how much Cyn loved kids and how well she played with them. When our cousin Zoe was a toddler and as she grew, I recall how often Cyn would visit her. It’s like they had a special connection. I remember Tita Ria sharing a story about how Cyn would stop by their home on Carmen Way before reaching her destination at Isola Court. She just had to get her “Zoe fix” in.

Babies are so special and such a blessing. It is hard for me not to think of Cyn whenever a new baby is born. My favorite movie is Heart and Souls. It stars Robert Downey Jr. and Elizabeth Shue in an endearing story about a boy who has four souls linked to him at birth. I believe that angels come down to earth to watch over babies and kids. I can only imagine that this is one of Cyn's favorite duties as an angel.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Melanie and I am the Alumni Relations Co-Chair for Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society at UCLA. I was doing research on our 2002 members, and a search for Cynthia Rabuy led me to this site.

    Reading these posts, it is clear to me that Cynthia was undoubtedly a talented student leader and amazing individual that touched the lives of friends from just about every part of campus. Some of my closest friends are deeply involved in Samahang, SPEAR, UniCamp, and USAC. They pour their heart and soul into their work and I'm sure Cynthia did the same. It is uplifting to see that Cynthia has a community of friends keeping her memory alive.

    Sending a prayer up to heaven for Cynthia's family and friends.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete