Tuesday, October 2, 2018

thoughts of sharing a name

shared by AR Flanagan, her sister

Whenever I meet someone whose name is Cindy or Cynthia, of course it makes me think of Cindy. Oftentimes, it's just someone I meet in passing, such as a server at a restaurant, or a salesperson at a store. Once I see "Cindy" or "Cynthia" on that person's name tag, it makes me smile, both inside and out.

One recent and reoccurring interaction with a friendly "Cynthia" has been when I have attended A's games at the Oakland Coliseum over the past season. The woman who oversees the parking is named Cynthia. It brightens my day a little each time she greets me. It also turns out that she's a friend of VJ's, so that's a bonus.

I appreciate every instance when I encounter someone named Cindy or Cynthia. And come to think of it, I have never met anyone with that name who I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment