Wednesday, May 2, 2018

thoughts of more puppy love

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Last weekend, our family was in Reno for a volleyball tournament. It was the first time that we left our dog, Fiona, at home for more than a few hours. Fortunately, VJ was kind enough to stay at our house for the weekend to keep Fiona company. Arlene also came by during the day, to check on Fiona too.

Our daily life has definitely shifted a little since Fiona joined our family, as described in a previous post. But it's definitely for the better. We were all surprised how much we missed Fiona, while we were gone.

I'm grateful that my sisters were kind enough to make the time to watch Fiona. It made me feel a little guilty that I didn't contribute at all to taking care of the dogs we had while growing up, one of them being Cindy's dog, Nanook.

It makes me think that continuing to adapt our lives to having Fiona, is Cindy's subtle way of showing me how much a dog can add to your life. I can imagine her smiling (almost smirking) in heaven, as she sees her "non-dog sister" spending so much time with our dog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment