Sunday, April 22, 2018

thoughts of U-C-L-A... fight...fight...fight!

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

While we were at UCLA, Cindy and I (along with Carla and Andrew) attended various sporting events. We were pretty spoiled by the fact that UCLA has such an outstanding college athletics program.

However, we didn't typically attend the more popular sports, like mens basketball or football; we actually ended up at more volleyball games or gymnastics meets. I've always been a gymnastics fan, and volleyball was the one sport that all five of us (Rabuy sisters) played in high school.

This past weekend, the UCLA womens gymnastics team won their 7th National Championship. It was a pretty exciting event, where UCLA was behind for most of the day and needed a 9.95 from its last competitor to win. That last routine earned a perfect 10, and the Bruins won!

I just happened to catch the last half hour of the event on TV. Watching it made me think of Cindy. Looking back at our college years, I really don't know how much she actually liked gymnastics. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe she just went to the meets because she knew I enjoyed them so much.

Either way, I'm happy to have those UCLA sports memories with my sister. Whenever the Bruins compete, I have even more reason to be both proud and sentimental.

1 comment:

  1. The gymnastics team is so fun to watch...with a couple of Olympic gold medal winners in the team, an assistant coach who won the gold, and an exciting and talented team to boot. We went to a meet last year..and electric crowd at an almost sold-out Pauley Pavilion was one of the largest crowds for a collegiate gymnastics meet. I'm sure Cindy peeked in in all the action.

    ReplyDelete