Thursday, March 2, 2017

thoughts of joining the 22nd century

shared by AR Flanagan, her sister 

I just recently became a smartphone owner. It has been 41 days now. I know, I know, I'm joining the party pretty late in the game. I have never been very tech savvy, but I have a clear memory of Cindy being rather proficient in all things electronic.

I may have mentioned in a previous entry that she was the one who aided me in creating my yahoo email account. Her test email to me read "Welcome to the 21st century."

She also owned a "clie", what many consider as the precursor to the smartphone. Anyway, several friends and family were ecstatic that I finally joined the dark side.

The day after getting my phone, I attended a family dinner for VJ's birthday. Once everyone noticed that I finally got a smartphone, I felt like it also became a "Yay! ER finally got a smartphone celebration." So much so, that I could hear Cindy's voice saying, "Welcome to the 22nd century!"

No comments:

Post a Comment