Monday, February 22, 2016

thoughts of heart and dedication

shared by Jeff Ynzunza, her junior high and high school friend

I always remember Cynthia's bubbly personality around school and at sporting events. She was always involved with something, whether it was sports (Volleyball, Basketball, and Badminton), or with helping run the school as part of the student council.

I honestly don’t recall a time when I ever heard her complain about being tired either. I also don’t think she ever said a negative thing about someone.

She inspired a lot of people to get involved and stay active in the school. She was one of the reasons why, after we graduated, I ended up sticking around and coaching various sports so I could remain involved and give back.

I remember talking to Coach John Webb after she passed away, about how there would never be another person even close to her in terms of her dedication.

She truly was a very special person. The world truly is a better place because of people like Cynthia. I only wish that more people had her heart and dedication.

Those of us who were blessed enough to know her, even if it was not for nearly long enough, are better people because of it. Cynthia is truly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment