Tuesday, April 22, 2014

thoughts of silly faces

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

While we were at mass on Easter Sunday, I was lucky enough to be sitting behind a cute little boy who I'm guessing was about three years old. He was sitting between his parents and was shifting around in his seat like most kids do during mass.

During one part of the mass, he looked at me a few times, and each time I would make a silly face at him - squinting my eyes, sticking out my tongue, crossing my eyes, tilting my head, and such. He would look at me... smile... and turn away, then look at me... smile... and turn away.

It was a fun game that we had going. When the game ended, it immediately made me think of Cindy. I remember several occasions throughout our lives when she would find the infant, toddler or young church goer sitting in front of her during mass and proceed to engage in a game of silly faces. Ya know, I sure miss those silly faces...

No comments:

Post a Comment