Sunday, September 22, 2013

thoughts of fun with floss

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister

The first time I was exposed to embroidery floss was when Cindy was making a satin pillow for her 7th grade sewing class.

She took the floss, eyed her embroidery needle, and proceeded to embroider a rose on her pillow project; and upon completion she had five different colors. It was impressive.

Cindy would later use her talents to make a satin pillow for Marlo and Andrew's ring bearer for their wedding, as Marlo has mentioned in a previous entry.

The way I most remember embroidery floss from my youth was weaving it around my 'tail,' or queue, which I had up until high school graduation.

And of course I remember using embroidery floss for bracelets, necklaces and anklets that Cindy and I would make for ourselves and for others. I remember we even incorporated hemp into our jewelry and took studio pictures in our choker necklaces, complete with complementing tops.


I know Li'l Cyn wears at least one bracelet, a braid of embroidery floss, from her softball teammate. It is nice to know that the things that Cindy and I liked as kids are still 'in' with the younger generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment