Tuesday, October 2, 2012

thoughts of good sushi

shared by Andrew Beall, her brother-in-law

At some point while Cindy, Marlo and I lived together, Cyn decided she wanted to get a job as a server. I'm not sure how she found this particular job, but in no time at all, she was starting work at a nearby sushi restaurant in Culver City.

Marlo and I were concerned about the extra workload it would add to her already busy schedule. However, Cindy always found a way to make it work. The new job turned out to be a very positive experience for her. She enjoyed meeting and making new friends with her co-workers. Marlo and I ended up dropping her off and picking her up at the restaurant, but most of the time we didn't mind, as we could tell Cindy was actually enjoying her self. We also got to eat sushi with great service!

The group of employees at the restaurant was pretty tight knit and friendly. I remember that they would sometimes hang out together after closing time in the restaurant. And a few times, they would even go out to a bar or two together.

Looking back now, I realize that this was just another in a long line of serendipitous events that made up Cindy's college experience. I'm glad we got to share that time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment