Saturday, September 22, 2012

thoughts of got milk?

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister

I recently earned a gold card at Starbucks. It feels foolish to think that I’ve spent so many dollars on Starbucks beverages, but earning that 30th star was a big deal for me. It reminds me of a time when Cyn and I earned enough points for “got milk?” gear.

The “got milk?” campaign has undoubtably been a hit. I think it started more than 15 years ago. Cyn and I learned about a points and prize system probably through Seventeen magazine or a Saturday morning cartoon commercial.

We obtained an order form and worked hard to buy milk. It must have taken us 6 or 7 months and 11 receipts, but we finally earned enough points for our “got milk?” gear. Each milk product bought earned one point.

We chose a tank and undie for Cyn and I got a “got milk?” shirt and a bucket hat. I still have the hat, but don't know where the shirt is.

We went to take pictures in our swag and on the way to the studio decided to get just the right prop... milk cartons!! I'm still enjoying milk today, just not saving the receipts.



No comments:

Post a Comment