Saturday, January 2, 2010

thoughts of a reason to smile during Mass

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister


Our family has always made it a point to go to church regularly. I have fond memories of several instances when I enjoyed going to Mass with Cindy. There is a particular part of the Mass when the prayer, "Holy, Holy, Holy" is recited or, preferably, sung. There is one specific style of the sung version of the prayer that we truly enjoyed the most.  "...Blessed is he who comes...in - the - NAY - HAME - of - the - Lord..."  I have wonderful, vivid images of Cindy swinging her head from side to side, her long hair swaying back and forth, during the last five syllables of that line. So whenever I hear that prayer, whether it is recited or sung, I find myself smiling, thinking of my sister...rocking out at church.

1 comment:

  1. that one made me smile, too. i can totally picture it. :)

    ReplyDelete