Friday, June 22, 2018

thoughts of close-up

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Since the girls and I are on summer break, Andrew got some time off so we could take a family trip to the East Coast. We spent a few days in New York, and are currently enjoying the sites and history of Washington DC.

We've been to a few of the Smithsonian museums, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial, to name a few. Our time in DC has made me think of Cindy, and what it was like for her when she took a school trip to DC as part of the "Close Up" program (during her eighth grade year, I think).

Although all my sisters and I had the option to participate in Close Up when it was our turn, Cindy was the only one of the five of us who did it. I admire her for her sense of adventure, willingness to try new things, and visit new places. It's also endearing to think that as our family takes photos at different landmarks, Cindy was doing the same thing not too long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment