Saturday, August 2, 2014

thoughts of an inspiring example

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

This past week, my daughter Cyn Cyn had the amazing opportunity to participate in the ASA Western National Championship Softball Tournament. She and the rest of her 10u teammates played an exciting week of softball games along with over 80 other teams from the western United States.


There were several moments throughout the week when I noticed her channelling her Tita Cyn. I was so proud to witness those times when her actions reflected many of the characteristics that her Tita Cyn embodied. These included...


...making the effort to always be inclusive (especially of a teammate)


...working hard to bounce back from disappointment (such as a lopsided loss)

...enjoying silly moments (like cheering and dancing in the dugout)

...embracing and celebrating new, extraordinary life experiences

I'm sure there were a few other examples, but those are the ones that struck me the most. So thank you Cindy for continuing to be an inspiration to me and the rest of your family, especially your nieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment