Monday, April 22, 2013

thoughts of touching my soul

shared by Manoj Shah, her childhood friend

Dear Cyn,

10 years have taken a toll
Not a day goes by that I don’t
think about how you’ve affected my soul

I’m sorry I haven’t written or paused to
consider my absence from everyone sharing
stories. It’s just not my way.

I put your name on my arm and I look at it every now and then.
Sometimes people ask, what’s that stand for?
“Oh, it's for a friend,” is all I could really say. Nothing more I can share;
it’s always been a little more than I can bear.

Things are good and everybody is getting on with their lives. Even me.
Thank you for being a great friend and teaching me what it means to be one.
You might be gone, but your legacy lives on through me, and the countless others whom you touched.

Love you. Miss you. - Manoj

No comments:

Post a Comment