Saturday, March 2, 2013

thoughts of namaste

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister

Recently, I started practicing yoga again. My first class back, I didn't have a mat with me, so I told myself I would resurrect my old yoga mat. After a little scavenging, I came across my trusty, old, teal mat.

It had been quite some time since I used it last. The memory of Cyn doing yoga with me the summer before her first year in college, and her giving me my yoga mat, popped in my head.

She was really excited to leave for UCLA in the winter, and we told ourselves we would go to yoga at least once a week right up until she was to relocate. I also remember a yoga deck we both had, but I have yet to come across that once again.

Yoga is fun, but quite challenging. Sometimes I think about how it would come much easier to me had I continued since that first summer I started. I like to think that finding my mat, a mat I've had for 15 years now, is Cyn's way of encouraging me and sending down love from above. My next vinyasa will be dedicated to you sister. I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment