Saturday, December 22, 2012

thoughts of pizza and game night

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Happy 33rd Birthday Cyn!
Last night, our family went to watch a women's college basketball game at UC Berkeley, between Cal and Kansas. It was a great game, really competitive and just an overall fun evening. I realized as we were driving home, that taking our girls to the game was a wonderful way to honor Cindy as we commemorate her 33rd birthday today.

This evening, our family continued to celebrate Cindy's birthday with a pizza and game night. We even sang "Happy Birthday!" and shared a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. Watching basketball, eating ice cream cake and playing board games are all activities that Cindy enjoyed.

We always take the time to celebrate Cindy's birthday, usually going to church and visiting the cemetery. Attending a basketball game and enjoying a family game night hasn't happened every year, but I think this year will help us start some new traditions for celebrating Cindy's birthday.

So for all of you who are remembering Cindy on her birthday, thank you for thinking of her, keeping her spirit alive and celebrating her life. Please consider doing something yourself as a small way of commemorating Cindy's birthday.

Some ideas of ways to celebrate include
-baking cookies
-eating sushi
-playing basketball.. or badminton... or volleyball
-making and/or eating waffles
-wearing your contacts if you usually wear glasses
-wearing your glasses if you usually wear contacts
-reading a book
-staying in your pajamas all day
-writing in your journal (or starting one)
-taking pictures
-wearing a Snoopy shirt
-creating with arts and crafts
...or any other activity that reminds you of Cyn.

And if you do find yourself practicing a "random act for Cyn" please let us know, because we'd love to hear about it.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Marlo,

    For no apparent reason, I thought of Cyndy tonight and I went online and watched a couple of commemorative videos. I then thought of you and tried to see if you were on fb. It took me a while to recall your married name. Then I found this blog. I had not realized that Cyndy's birthday had just passed, but I guess, in some way, that may be why I thought of her at this time.

    Thanks for posting your account of last weekend's activities and allowing folks to share memories of your sister with you and your family. I will be mindful of the list of things you've shared that Cyndy liked to do. If, and when, I engage in a random act for Cyndy, I promise to share.

    I trust that you are well and enjoying the holidays with your loved ones. great to be in touch. With love, respect and best wishes...

    Mandla

    ReplyDelete