Friday, November 2, 2012

thoughts of candy girl

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister

Cyn liked candy. She really liked candy. We used to argue about what kind of candy was better: Easter candy or Halloween candy. We decided Easter candy was better because things like Cadbury mini eggs were not available year round and they were so delicious.

Cyn liked Starburst. She would carefully fold each of the wax paper wrappers for the starburst pieces and link them together to create candy wrapper leis.

She liked Fun Dip. Pixie Sticks. The sweet and sticky, sugar variety were among her favorite kind of candy. I think she also liked Mars variety chocolates, as well as Kit Kats and Reese's.

Halloween makes me think of Cyn. Candy makes me think of Cyn. Having a cavity when going to the dentist makes me think of Cyn. I'll think back to that time I indulged in sweets and I'll remember the sweet goodness of that piece of candy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi VJ and Rabuys!

    Cindy would come to English lectures with a ziploc bag full of Starburst, and she taught us how to fold our wrappers so we could add them to her endless chain. And in Europe, Cindy was always excited to see the new, international candy and unique Haribo options. She would often opt for the chocolate Kinder eggs with their hidden prizes.

    Hope all is well :)

    ~Bret

    ReplyDelete