Thursday, February 2, 2012

thoughts of fruit snacks and granola bars

shared by VJ Rabuy, her sister


I recently enrolled in a class where my professor recommended a disaster relief kit for all our cars. The kit is simple enough, a radio with extra batteries, a flashlight, canned goods and a reliable can opener. Talk of this disaster kit made me think of the emergency food kits Cyn and I made when we were at Ardenwood Elementary School.


These emergency food kits were so fun because we got to get all the lunch snack items we grew to love, like granola bars and fruit snacks, and put all of them together in one pack. The best part was the day at the end of the school year when our teachers redistributed the kits and we got to eat all the goodies on our way home from the bus stop. Sometimes fun, yummy fruit snacks and the better-than-average granola bar bring back fond memories of those emergency food kits, and my Big Sis Cyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment