Sunday, October 2, 2011

thoughts of a little help from above

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister


When I went to mass this morning, I learned that today is the Feast of the Guardian Angel. Hearing that made me smile, and made me think of Cyn. Although I don’t consider her my guardian angel - the being who’s been watching over me since I was born - I do believe that Cyn and other dear, departed family and friends keep an eye on me and my loved ones from above.


The other day, our daughter Ava asked me why I sometimes call her “Angel”. So we had a brief discussion about who angels are and what angels do. One of her answers was that angels put her and her sister in my belly before they were born, which is something we’ve taught them. But we also talked about angels being in heaven, having wings, playing in clouds, and watching over you. We also said how angels are special, are sent from heaven, and bring you joy.


So Cynthia and Ava know that Tita Cyn is one of their angels, along with their Grandpa Mike. When she passed away, I remember being quoted in a newspaper article saying that I knew Cyn was “now doing important work as an angel”; and I believe she is. She’s been there for the big moments, like babies being born; and she’s been there for the small moments, like making it to school on time. So today, I’m happy to take a special moment or two to celebrate and appreciate all the angels in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment