Sunday, May 22, 2011

thoughts of waffle taboo

shared by Angelica Bernabe, her childhood friend


I had a moment today where I just laughed out loud and thought of Cyn. I was having brunch with my new husband, Mikey, when I ordered a nice, warm waffle.


Thoughts rushed back to me of us playing Taboo, one of our fave games to play, where you have to get your team to guess what the word you picked out is (from a stack of cards), without saying any of the hints that were already pre-written out. Well, it was my turn to try and give hints and my word was "waffle". Beneath it were words like: pancake, syrup, butter, toast, and breakfast. I couldn't think of a word at all. I was completely flabbergasted.


Time was running out and all I could blurt out was, "I cut it into nine squares!" (and it came out more like a shriek really). And her reaction was just hilarious. She looked at me incredulously and asked, "How am I supposed to know what you cut into nine squares?"


We burst into laughter at how ridiculous my hint was (because I thought all people cut their waffles into nine squares, but apparently not in this household). I shake my head at the memory of this because simple moments of silliness like these stand out most when I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment