Tuesday, March 22, 2011

thoughts of Woodsey-family love

shared by Michelle "Feather" Tessier, her friend from college

I first got to know "Snoopy" from UniCamp, through her sisters Marlo (Moonlight) and Carla (Poison Ivy). I came from a family where love was unusually expressed with sarcasm and criticism, and I entered UCLA feeling that that was a "normal" way of acting toward the people you love.

I met a lot of wonderful people through LCC and UniCamp, but the Rabuy sisters with their sincerity and care for each other taught me so much through their example. Their outward show of affection and love taught me that there are softer, sweeter ways of expressing how we feel about each other. I am deeply grateful for having witnessed their example and having been a friend to them during college.

When I think of Snoopy, my memories of her connect to feelings of how she inspired the people around her to love and comfort one another. She was vivacious and strong. She was as a counselor, and eventually a camp leader. And she infused her love and warm sense of humor into everything. Thank you Snoopy and thank you Rabuy sisters for showing me how to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment