Tuesday, February 22, 2011

thoughts of random friendly reminders

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Yesterday I read an article about a college basketball player whose jersey was going to be retired on his senior night. And I thought, that's pretty cool. When I saw the picture that accompanied the story, it made me smile because - in addition to the player looking like a nice, talented, young man - his jersey number was 22. And that reminded me of Cyn...because she was a basketball player and fan, and her birthdate is the 22nd.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Cyn, usually several times a day. So it's always fun to come across random things or occurrences, like this story, that make me think of her in that given moment.

As I read more about the player, I learned that the reason he wears #22 is because it was how old his brother was when he died unexpectedly and tragically. So sometimes, there are times when that small reminder feels a little less random; and I like to believe that those are instances when it's just Cyn's clever and subtle way of sending out a little "Hi there!" from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment