Tuesday, November 2, 2010

thoughts of daughters growing up

shared by Linda Pesigan, her aunt and godmother


When I arrived in San Francisco in April 1980, Cindy was the youngest of the Rabuy daughters of my sister Rorie and Kaloi. As I too am the fourth child in the family, I immediately filled the role of taking care of the new baby in the family at Isola Court, which would be my own home for the next five years. As I am also Cindy’s godmother… she became more like my own daughter: feeding her, changing her diapers, playing with her, sleeping with me at night, going places with me --- so much time of bonding.


By the time I got married in 1986, Cindy was my flower girl at my wedding.


When Leslie, my eldest daughter was born in 1989, Cindy was old enough to be taking care of her. In fact, it was like history repeating itself: seeing Cindy in Leslie as she was growing up.


I miss Cindy sooooo much! I was in Manila on that unforgettable day in April 2003. I will forever treasure the fondest memories of a girl who became a significant part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment