Wednesday, June 2, 2010

thoughts of the love of the game

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

"Dam nilo veth egame..."

I remember the phrase above from when Cyn was playing varsity basketball during her senior year in high school. Cyn was always a dedicated athlete and enthusiastic sports fan. She shared this phrase with her teammates, and I believe that it became somewhat of a team motto. I also remember that she put together a tape of songs - essentially from the soundtrack from the movie Space Jam - that the team played during their pre-game warm-ups. Even though I wasn’t a big basketball fan at the time, these days, especially with baseball season in full swing, I think of Cyn and I am grateful to her for always helping to remind me about how joyous the love of the game can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment