Saturday, October 22, 2016

thoughts of a gummy smile

shared by Marlo R. Beall, her sister

Last week, Cyn Cyn got braces. It's a rite of passage for just about everyone, and it made me think about whether or not all my sisters and I had braces. I can't recall for sure, but I'm pretty sure we all did.

Sometimes, when you have braces, you may not smile as much. I actually had surgery on my jaw while I had braces; and I never really liked my smile until after my jaw surgery. I occasionally notice that Cyn Cyn's smile sometimes resembles Cindy's smile.

Oftentimes, when Cindy would smile, you would see a lot of her gums, as in the photo below. This is one of my favorite photos of her; and in it you see about the same amount of her gums as you do her teeth. Seeing smiling photos of her always makes me smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment